The Redspear Horde
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slaves & Servants

+2
Nizana
Rikkitazi
6 posters

Go down

Slaves & Servants Empty Slaves & Servants

Post  Rikkitazi Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:15 am

A rank which for many is hard to accept, since their personal emotions behind the screen easily reacts on the moraly wrong happenings.

As some of you already might have seen, Rikkitazi has bought an enslaved sandfury troll (http://www.wowwiki.com/Sandfury_troll ) in Gadgetzan. I smiled when I saw the splitted reactions of this. Some people seemed to loved the idea and some were highly against it. This is rather natural.

The slavery is perhaps not perfectly legal, but still often seen and respected. I made a research on wowwiki and fount this: "The practice of slavery has historically existed in orc society, and
while in modern times it seems to occur less, the practice still
continues among the orcs, though it is unclear how widespread it is.
Despite Thrall's work to ensure that no orc would be cast into slavery
ever againW3Man 22, a small number of orcs have been found enslaved by other orcs in the Horde, for example Bloodeye Redfist. It appears that some orcs are also willing to enslave members of other races, both Horde and Alliance.[1][2][3]
Many of these slaves were however once criminals whom were brought to
justice. It is unclear why the orcs still allow slavery, and to what
extent, or why they choose to ignore it.
"

Now since the Redspear Horde already disagrees with Thrall in the military part, why not disagree when it comes to slavery?
The sandfury trolls are, as many other tribes we slay through questing, not a part of the Horde and instead of killing them, they could easily use the opportunity to spare their life for free work.
So, what we have, is something which could add the more savage culture into the Redspear Horde, and make the level of the ranks more contrastful.

The rules of a slave is inspired by the slavery in old Greece:

• A slave is not allowed to carry any weapon.
  • The master or mistress is responsible of feeding the slave and give it cloth on the body.
  • Slaves are not allowed to accept any money for own use. If they recieve money for strangers as a gift, the Redspears they serve are allowed to ask them to hand it out.
  • Since the slave has no weapon to defend or care for itself with, the Redspear is responsible of their security and health. Of course they will not risk their lives, nor damage them mentally or physicly. That would decrease their prestations of the work.
I made Chitza, so that the authority as a chieftress could be more balanced. I've seen people ponder Rikkitazi's actions as a chieftress, when she worked in the Salty Sailor. I could understand that, but I know that I am the one who spends most time in there, and if I stopped working, the inn would not be open and active as often as it used to.
It would suit neatly to let the inn be runned with slaves. Rikkitazi will of course show up in the inn, but only when somone else is running the bar.

So far, it is Ndasu, Nizana and I who's bartending. We could in fact use more, and if anyone feel interested, but does not find their main fitting to bartend, you could eventually do the same as I, and make a servant or slave. But you do not have to be a slave to work in the bar. Rikkitazi would as well hire people.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply this thread with your questions. Wink

Last edited by Rikkitazi on Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
Rikkitazi
Rikkitazi
Admin

https://redspear.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Slaves & Servants Empty Re: Slaves & Servants

Post  Nizana Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:48 am

Am I allowed to slap you if I think you don't work fast enough?
And is Rikkitazi the owner or the Redspears as a whole?

Nizana

Back to top Go down

Post  Rikkitazi Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:54 am

"Since the slave has no weapon to defend or care for itself with, the
Redspear is responsible of their security and health. Of course they
will not risk their lives, nor damage them mentally or physicly. That
would decrease their prestations of the work."

You're not allowed to damage the slaves unless they directly are objecting in some way. First of all because Rikkitazi knows that some might find slavery highly unacceptable, which could coarse troubles. If they are treated "well", they are easier to hide being enslaved.

secondly, a slave with nervouse ticks and bruises behind the bar does not attract costumers in the same amount as a healthy and relatively satisfied slave would. Perhaps they have no rights, but Rikkitazi treats them relatively well. She dresses them up to look nice and tidy. But they will not recieve any money to buy materials for themselves.
Rikkitazi
Rikkitazi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:24 pm

Is there going to be a Slave Market Question
Richard
Richard

http://wompo.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rikkitazi Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:29 pm

No, not so far I have planned! Wink

We buy slaves - we don't sell them.
Rikkitazi
Rikkitazi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:38 pm

Rikkitazi wrote:No, not so far I have planned! Wink

We buy slaves - we don't sell them.

Maybe WE don't sell 'em YET, but i just sold couple slaves Twisted Evil
Richard
Richard

Back to top Go down

Slaves & Servants Empty Undead bartender

Post  Aenott Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:50 am

I may want to fill bartender duties, later on, when I have more RP and Redspear experience.

And being a warlock is it both in character and in lore, to raise an undead slave?
Aenott
Aenott

Back to top Go down

Post  Nizana Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:47 am

warlock and slave: yes, totally.
undead and slave: not really.

Undeads actually are fighting for their emancipation so it would be a bit harsh to have one enslaved again after they managed to get away from the slavery of the scourge.

I think you could have a troll or orc-slave. That suits the lore Rikki posted better and the character of a warlock.

Nizana

Back to top Go down

Post  Rikkitazi Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:48 am

I agree with Nizana.... though why on earth would a warlock enslave a humanoid when it already has the power to enslave a huge demons to do all the work?
Rikkitazi
Rikkitazi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Slaves & Servants Empty Raising the dead

Post  Aenott Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Thank you.

The idea was not to enslave an undead, but to raise a new one from the grave. Lore wise, I was working from the 1st generation of death knights, from wowwiki. Not that it is neccesarily a good idea, even though it may fit the lore in some twisted way.

In other words, I'm not going to insist.

1st Generation: Death Knights of the Old Horde

A first generation death knight was essentially the soul, knowledge, memory, and personality of an orc warlock that was imbued into the reanimated corpse of a fallen knight of Azeroth. Unlike modern death knights of the Scourge, these ghoulish fiends were not battle hardened warriors; they were insidious necromancers who possessed superior intellect and tremendous magical power. They often favored the use of terror tactics and reanimated the corpses of enemy soldiers who fell in battle to serve them as mindless undead minions. These skeletal soldiers served to shield the death knight from enemy attacks, allowing them to unleash their deadly eldritch sorcery from range.

Edit: The game rules of WoW do not allow playable demons.

Last edited by Aenott on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No playable demons.)
Aenott
Aenott

Back to top Go down

Post  Nizana Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:11 pm

It's not that you have to listen to us. By all means throw your idea's around I like it. And I didn't understand you meant to enslave one yourself from the grave, how would you go about that?

You murder someone? Or you steal a dead body and revive it some way in a sick an twisted way?

it would be a very very bad thing to do (IC-ly) and also you have to be extremely powerful or be able to pay someone to do it for you. (hmm thinks up a nice little venture involving voodoo...)
I think the best way to go is to buy/catch yourself a troll or orc. Or maybe not enslave them but I'm sure there are people out there that want to play a miserable wretched creature that you can use as a slave or minion.

What is the reason you wish to have a slave? To boss someone around?
I can imagine you want the slave to be roleplayed, there's only so much of being an evil mean bossy and hear the same replies over and over again from your warlock demons, also they seem to obey too much and hardly ever give you an excuse to have your whip out to discipline them.
It can be most ungratifying.

Nizana

Back to top Go down

Post  Rikkitazi Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:33 pm

Nizana wrote:It's not that you have to listen to us.

What is the reason you wish to have a slave? To boss someone around?
I can imagine you want the slave to be roleplayed, there's only so much of being an evil mean bossy and hear the same replies over and over again from your warlock demons, also they seem to obey too much and hardly ever give you an excuse to have your whip out to discipline them.
It can be most ungratifying.

Agreed that you don't have to listen to us. Yet do know, that the Redspears has two enimies: The Alliance and the Scourge. If you do the same piece of work as Arthas and other necromancers manage, which is so far I know, only done by Scourge, you might risk that the Redspears will find you too dangerous and risky, and attempt to kill you.
They will not be responsible for giving space to a necromancer to grow strong and powerful. Wink
Rikkitazi
Rikkitazi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aenott Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:39 am

Rikkitazi wrote:
Agreed that you don't have to listen to us. Yet do know, that the Redspears has two enimies: The Alliance and the Scourge. If you do the same piece of work as Arthas and other necromancers manage, which is so far I know, only done by Scourge, you might risk that the Redspears will find you too dangerous and risky, and attempt to kill you.
They will not be responsible for giving space to a necromancer to grow strong and powerful. Wink

Point taken. So far, I have thought any necromancy would be done by Aenott's grandfather. Any such minion could be from his stock, and supplied as a servant. Or her first human kill would be raised as a slave, for a reward. Her loath of humans is, after all, influenced greatly by him.

At this point in time, that is not prudent. She is not revealing that she's a warlock, and tries to make people assume she's a mage, without outright lying. Being sent a servant, however, could fit the camoflage; though that would not happen very soon.

Which means, that any slave for her, soon, would be a bought orc or troll.
Aenott
Aenott

Back to top Go down

Slaves & Servants Empty Slaves & Servant

Post  Richard Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:42 am

Rikkitazi wrote:I agree with Nizana.... though why on earth would a warlock enslave a humanoid when it already has the power to enslave a huge demons to do all the work?

I said sold, not capture or something else, bla bla bla bla..
Richard
Richard

Back to top Go down

Post  Rikkitazi Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:56 am

Aenott wrote:

At this point in time, that is not prudent. She is not revealing that she's a warlock, and tries to make people assume she's a mage, without outright lying.

It's not like Redspears has anything against warlocks. They have warlocks and voodoo crafters of many kind. They accept more than the Horde - but if it smells too much of an upcoming female Arthas, then they will try pulling the plug with an off chopped head. Wink
Rikkitazi
Rikkitazi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aenott Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:10 pm

Rikkitazi wrote:

It's not like Redspears has anything against warlocks. They have warlocks and voodoo crafters of many kind. They accept more than the Horde - but if it smells too much of an upcoming female Arthas, then they will try pulling the plug with an off chopped head. Wink

Aenott will have to find that out, IC. Wink
Aenott
Aenott

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikato Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:47 am

My personally view is: if you can do it, then you can do it. If you're able to do a wicked sick whatsoever it might be, without getting caught, then sure do it, if your character have reason to.
It's roleplay. Everything is possible, if you got the fanasy for it.

Use demons, undeads, trolls, gnomes, even murlocs as slaves. Everything is possible. Some people might have in character reasons to kill you for it, but that's a detail. Cool

-Zin
Nikato
Nikato

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikato Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:15 pm

I've talked a little with Rikkitazi about the slavery. The idea is great, yet we're having some malfunctions.
The most focused malfunctions is that some people would attempt to chronicly free the slaves, which would turn into a paradox.
Explanation:
The majority of the Redspear's slaves are alts, with which the player wished to play as a slave. It's unlikely the the player want their slave to break free, yet the slave wishes nothing else than freedom. Therefore rescuing the slaves would ruin them.

Plus-Minus other aspects of slavery, such as collars, chains, whips, and the worse.

So we thought it would appear more natural with servants; people who works for the Redspear Horde in exchange for food and a roof to sleep below, maybe even get a little money for extra good work.

What do you think?
Slave or Servant? Or maybe both?
Nikato
Nikato

Back to top Go down

Post  Rikkitazi Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Zinarc wrote:I've talked a little with Rikkitazi about the slavery. The idea is great, yet we're having some malfunctions.
The most focused malfunctions is that some people would attempt to chronicly free the slaves, which would turn into a paradox.
Explanation:
The majority of the Redspear's slaves are alts, with which the player wished to play as a slave. It's unlikely the the player want their slave to break free, yet the slave wishes nothing else than freedom. Therefore rescuing the slaves would ruin them.

Plus-Minus other aspects of slavery, such as collars, chains, whips, and the worse.

So we thought it would appear more natural with servants; people who works for the Redspear Horde in exchange for food and a roof to sleep below, maybe even get a little money for extra good work.

What do you think?
Slave or Servant? Or maybe both?
'

excuse me, Zinarc, but have you actually read the very first thread of this topic? Try do that Wink
Rikkitazi
Rikkitazi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaelene Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:59 am

Rikkitazi wrote:

And you abide me? Wink

Actually, no... Arthas is an amateur Twisted Evil

Rhaelene

Back to top Go down

Post  Nikato Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:14 pm

@Rikkitazi

My avatar is a monkey in tuxedo, with sunglasses. What do you expect from me?! Shocked
Nikato
Nikato

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum